/ 2 3 A B C d E F G H I K L m n O P Q R S T U V W X [
- The server reports SGL entry has illegal length after booting Linux
ProblemAfter Linux has loaded, the operating system reports the message below on the console.3w-9xxx: scsi0: ERROR: (0x03:0x0104): SGL entry has illegal length:address=0xF200, length=0x300, cmd=X. http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=11641SolutionThis
- The write speed on the array is extremely slow
SymptomThe write speed on the 3ware RAID array is extremely slow. It also takes a very long time (many hours) to create a filesystem.SolutionPoor write
- The Portland Group compiler installation fails
Problem:Installation of the Portland Group compiler fails.Solution:Portland Group Fortran compiler version 6.0-5 is required.
- The installer crashes when installing to a system with an Nvidia graphics card.
Problem:When installing to a system with an Nvidia graphics card, the installer crashes.Effected Distributions:Enterprise Linux 6Details:By default the installer attempts to initialize the display using
- The installer segfaults at the end of the installation process on 64-bit system
Due to an incompatibility between the Fedora installer and 2.6.11-8asl kernel, segmentation fault might occur at the end of the installation process. This is harmless,
- The Highpoint BIOS pauses the boot process on a degraded array
ProblemWhen an array is degraded (broken), the Highpoint BIOS pauses the boot process unless a key is pressed to continue. SolutionThis feature is designed to
- The system does not power off under SuSE 184.108.40.206-21.9-smp kernel
ProblemThe system does not power off under SuSE 220.127.116.11-21.9-smp kernel when issuing the command 'poweroff' or 'shutdown -h now'. Instead, the system reboots. The command
- The gam_server process segfaults
Problem:The gam_server process segfaults, generating messages similar to the following:gam_server: segfault at 0000000000000057 rip 00002aaaaabe44f4 rsp00007fff08229d20 error 4gam_server: segfault at 0000000000000072 rip 00002aaaaabe44f4 rsp00007fff22a13840 error
- The installer's media check says one or more CDs are bad
Problem:When performing a media check, the installer reports FAIL for one or more of the CDs.Effected Distributions:Fedora Core 3Fedora Core 4Details:There is a bug in
- Testing the Intel Gigabit Adapter
The Intel NIC diagnostics can be downloaded from the following location:ftp://updates.aslab.com/pub/utility/e1000diag.imgAfter booting from the floppy, run the diags.exe program and:Choose the adapter connected to your
- The text console has a small font and scrolls slowly.
Problem:The font used by the text console (runlevel 3) is very small. The console also scrolls very slowly.Hardware Effected:Integrated ATI radeon graphicsDetails:This is caused by
- The font used by the text console (runlevel 3) is very small.
Problem:The font used by the text console (runlevel 3) is very small. Hardware Effected:Integrated Intel GMA graphicsDetails:This is caused by the new Intel kernel mode
- The system BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt
Problem:When rebooting, the system BIOS displays the following message:The system BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s).Possible causes included recent changes to BIOS Performance options orrecent