Platforms » Marquis » AMD-based models » K942-SS
Switching the Marquis K942-SS LSI controller to IT Mode
A small number of Marquis K942-SS systems shipped with the standard LSI HostRAID firmware. When using this firmware, the controller is not supported by the standard LSI driver in the Linux kernel.
We now have a new LSI firmware for this system that will allow it to work with the standard driver that ships with CentOS/RHEL. If this firmware is installed, it is no longer necessary to use any driver disks.
This update also applies to the following systems:
!!! WARNING !!!
Upgrading this firmware will destroy any existing data on the disks. To preserve your data remove the drives from the system prior to performing the update.
The firmware update CD can be downloaded here:
After burning the CD, follow these steps to upgrade the firmware:
1) Boot the system from the LSI firmware CD
2) Type the following command to retrieve the address of the SAS adapter:
A:\> mptutil -q
Write down the 16 digit address. It will be used later.
3) Clear the existing firmware:
A:\> clear.bat4) Shut down the system and remove the power cord
5) Remove the side panel
6) Remove jumper JPS1. This jumper should be located in the front left corner of the motherboard near the LSI chip.
7) Boot the system from LSI firmware CD
8) Install the new firmware
9) When prompted, enter the 16 digit SAS address recorded earlier
10) Wait for the firmware update to complete
11) Power off the systemYou should now be able to install CentOS without a driver disk.
Last update: 2011-11-30 09:35
You cannot comment on this entry